CrossRoads Corporation – Life Navigator
CrossRoads Corporation for Affordable Housing and Community Development is a faith based, nonprofit organization that through partnerships honors the history and supports collective vision of rejuvenation, economic stability, health living and educational attainment within the Grier Heights community. Our vision is that Grier Heights will be transformed residentially and economically, and the quality of life dramatically improved with a constant focus on justice to its residents throughout the process. CrossRoads is the “community quarterback” organization for the Grier Heights community.
Join the CrossRoads Corporation team and manage our efforts to focus on individualized client care within the framework of community-based work. The Life Navigator (LN) will play a significant role in the Grier Heights community by providing case management and mentoring support to families in the Grier Heights community.
The LN is a grant-funded position and will be partnered with the Community Health Advocate. Together, you will work intensively with a caseload of at least 25 households/families living in the Grier Heights Community. The goal of LN is to provide a fusion of skilled mentoring, life coaching strategies with social work best practice to help neighbors maintain or sustain stable housing and families with students to support strong, positive academic outcomes.
The LN responsibilities will be to work with families of youth (ages 0 to 18) by conducting outreach and serving families community partners might refer. The LN will receive, coordinate, and expedite service referrals, and help families navigate health, education, and other human service systems. The LN will meet with the families in their homes if necessary, develop and follow a prescribed protocol and provide intensive services for each family for 3 to 6 months. In addition, the LN will follow-up with families and providers to ensure the brokered services have effectively met the family’s needs for stability and well-being. The LN will work cooperatively with the Community Health Advocate to conduct outreach, leverage and track additional services, maintain an active caseload, and complete all reports in a complete and timely basis. This full-time, grant-funded position aims to eliminate barriers to stable housing and strong academic outcomes.
The LN will report to the Executive Director and will have the following additional responsibilities:
- Recruits, manages, and maintains a case load of no fewer than 25 households/families from the Grier Heights community.
- Interviews customer to collect information and observes their support system using intake data.
- Builds and maintains an in-depth professional relationship with Grier Heights residents by helping in developing and carrying out a personal plan to address life barriers.
- Develops family-driven solutions related to employment, childcare, education, and any issues that might have an adverse impact on those, such as health.
- Assists Grier Heights residents with accessing needed resources to support personal and professional goals, improve family stability and economic mobility.
- Builds and maintains partnerships with lead service providers in the community to make referrals for the residents.
- Counsels and aids residents needing assistance in overcoming life barriers; helps them in finding and utilizing resources to aid in overcoming identified barriers.
- Builds trust, provides coaching and referrals, monitors progress, and collects data related to family goals and the effectiveness of the identified solutions.
- Prepares and maintains accurate customer personal plans, progress summaries, progress notes and other documentation as needed.
- Maintains proper records/database for each family to document and report processes and outcomes.
- Raises awareness of CrossRoads, its resources, and activities among residents of Grier Heights.
- Collaborates regularly with members of the CrossRoads team.
- Supports and represents the organization in all interactions with the community and with the general public, supporting the agency Mission and Vision.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with case management experience to continue building CrossRoads’ community health team. Applicants must have relevant case management experience. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively across stakeholder groups to achieve an ambitious set of goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or Human Services field with experience in Health and Human Services
- At least 3 years of experience working in community settings
- At least 3 years of experience with client and case management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal ability to connect and build relationship with children, students, and families, and navigate them to supports
- Ability to work, communicate, and build relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and cultures
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for community
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Flexible schedule in support of meeting with families in the evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and in balancing competing priorities while demonstrating an attention to details
- Ability to work independently, take reasoned risks, regularly innovate, focus on supporting the participants, and demonstrate positive professional judgment
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. Deadline for submission is March 19, 2021.
CrossRoads is an equal opportunity employer.