CROSSROADS CORPORATION DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
POSITION TITLE: Development Director
STATUS: either Part or Full-time/Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Founded in 2008, CrossRoads Corporation is a faith-based, nonprofit organization that through partnerships honors the history and supports the collective vision of rejuvenation, economic stability, healthy living, and educational achievement within the Grier Heights community. CrossRoads operates with two core principles: 1) Do WITH and not FOR our Grier Heights neighbors, and 2) Act as a catalyst to positively impact social and economic mobility in Grier Heights.
CrossRoads is organized around a unique holistic approach to community development and neighborhood preservation. Through our programs and partnerships, we focus each day on addressing a wide range of critical needs that exist in Grier Heights.
The Development Director is responsible for the leadership, planning, implementation and execution of fundraising which contributes to the operational revenue mix that supports CrossRoads and its mission. Because CrossRoads leverages its small staff through partnerships with the community, stakeholders and other nonprofits, flexibility in regard to job responsibilities is key for all team members.
- Passion for CrossRoads’ mission in Grier Heights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable and energetic in public roles
- Confident, proactive professional with exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to nurture existing relationships with donors, volunteers, and other stakeholders
- Ability to identify and initiate relationships with new and diverse funding sources/partners
- Strong management skills with the ability to multi-task concurrent projects
- Relevant professional experience; including nonprofit management, fundraising, community relations/marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Familiarity with and proficiency in utilizing fundraising data software desired
- Conscientious attention to detail required
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, create and oversee the implementation of a development plan to meet the annual financial needs of CrossRoads
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Program Staff, develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy
- Serve as media and marketing coordinator to produce press releases and other printed materials. Assist in social media content and website management to promote fund development efforts and build overall awareness of CrossRoads
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts for key donors and prospects (including individuals, corporations, foundations, government funders, the faith community, and civic groups)
- Implement all aspects of the grant and donor solicitation and management process, including grant writing and reporting, accurate and prompt gift processing, and gift acknowledgement
- Maintain effective development systems and record-keeping procedures to track current and prospective donors and accurately report all fundraising income
- Coordinate and participate in advocacy/civic engagement efforts on behalf of the organization as directed by the Executive Director
- Plan, prepare and implement an annual campaign
Please send your resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is November 13, 2020.
CrossRoads is an equal opportunity employer.