CrossRoads Corporation – Development Director
CrossRoads Corporation for Affordable Housing and Community Development is a faith based, nonprofit organization that through partnerships honors the history and supports collective vision of rejuvenation, economic stability, health living and educational attainment within the Grier Heights community.
Our vision is that Grier Heights will be transformed residentially and economically, and the quality of life dramatically improved with a constant focus on justice to its residents throughout the process. CrossRoads is the “community quarterback” organization for the Grier Heights community.
The Development Director is responsible for the leadership, planning, implementation and execution of fundraising which contributes to the operational revenue mix that supports CrossRoads and its mission. Because CrossRoads leverages its small staff through partnerships with the community, stakeholders and other nonprofits, flexibility in regard to job responsibilities is key for all team members.
• Passion for CrossRoads’ mission in Grier Heights
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Comfortable and energetic in public roles
• Confident, proactive professional with exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Ability to nurture existing relationships with donors, volunteers, and other stakeholders
• Ability to identify and initiate relationships with new and diverse funding sources/partners
• Strong management skills with the ability to multi-task concurrent projects
• Relevant professional experience; including nonprofit management, fundraising, community relations/marketing
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Proficiency in Word and Excel
• Familiarity with and proficiency in utilizing fundraising data software desired
• Conscientious attention to detail required
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, create and oversee the implementation of a development plan to meet the annual financial needs of CrossRoads
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Staff, develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy
- Serve as media and marketing coordinator to produce press releases, printed materials, social media content, and website content to promote fund development efforts and build overall awareness of CrossRoads
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts for key donors and prospects (including individuals, corporations, foundations, government funders, the faith community, and civic groups)
- Implement all aspects of the grant and donor solicitation and management process, including grant writing and reporting, accurate and prompt gift processing, and gift acknowledgement
- Maintain effective development systems and record-keeping procedures to track current and prospective donors and accurately report all fundraising income
- Coordinate and participate in advocacy/civic engagement efforts on behalf of the organization as directed by the Executive Director
- Plan, prepare and implement an annual campaign
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
This position will require in-person work at various locations (pending health guidelines) and some functions that may be performed remotely. This position must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to starting the position.
Please send your resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
CrossRoads is an equal opportunity employer