Are you looking for a summer volunteer opportunity? Look no further! Sign up to bring breakfast and/or bring/serve lunch to our campers!
A year of remote learning has strained our students socially, emotionally, and academically, which is why CrossRoads is proud to offer Camp Grier Heights once again to 60 students. Each week will include a different theme, including: History, Health and Wellness, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), Arts, Spirit Week, and Community Service.
For additional volunteer opportunities, please contact Ms. T., the Grier Heights Community Center Director!
CrossRoads Corporation is proud to be a founding member of the Neighbors for More Neighbors CLT coalition, supporting more equitable and sustainable communities around Charlotte.
Learn more, get involved, and sign the support letter today!
Join us Tuesday, May 18 at 3:00pm to listen and learn about Charlotte’s Future with Taiwo Jaiyeoba, Assistant City Manager and Director of Planning, Design, and Development.
Zoom info: myersparkpres.org/calendar
CrossRoads Corporation – Life Navigator
CrossRoads Corporation for Affordable Housing and Community Development is a faith based, nonprofit organization that through partnerships honors the history and supports collective vision of rejuvenation, economic stability, health living and educational attainment within the Grier Heights community. Our vision is that Grier Heights will be transformed residentially and economically, and the quality of life dramatically improved with a constant focus on justice to its residents throughout the process. CrossRoads is the “community quarterback” organization for the Grier Heights community.
Join the CrossRoads Corporation team and manage our efforts to focus on individualized client care within the framework of community-based work. The Life Navigator (LN) will play a significant role in the Grier Heights community by providing case management and mentoring support to families in the Grier Heights community.
The LN is a grant-funded position and will be partnered with the Community Health Advocate. Together, you will work intensively with a caseload of at least 25 households/families living in the Grier Heights Community. The goal of LN is to provide a fusion of skilled mentoring, life coaching strategies with social work best practice to help neighbors maintain or sustain stable housing and families with students to support strong, positive academic outcomes.
The LN responsibilities will be to work with families of youth (ages 0 to 18) by conducting outreach and serving families community partners might refer. The LN will receive, coordinate, and expedite service referrals, and help families navigate health, education, and other human service systems. The LN will meet with the families in their homes if necessary, develop and follow a prescribed protocol and provide intensive services for each family for 3 to 6 months. In addition, the LN will follow-up with families and providers to ensure the brokered services have effectively met the family’s needs for stability and well-being. The LN will work cooperatively with the Community Health Advocate to conduct outreach, leverage and track additional services, maintain an active caseload, and complete all reports in a complete and timely basis. This full-time, grant-funded position aims to eliminate barriers to stable housing and strong academic outcomes.
The LN will report to the Executive Director and will have the following additional responsibilities:
- Recruits, manages, and maintains a case load of no fewer than 25 households/families from the Grier Heights community.
- Interviews customer to collect information and observes their support system using intake data.
- Builds and maintains an in-depth professional relationship with Grier Heights residents by helping in developing and carrying out a personal plan to address life barriers.
- Develops family-driven solutions related to employment, childcare, education, and any issues that might have an adverse impact on those, such as health.
- Assists Grier Heights residents with accessing needed resources to support personal and professional goals, improve family stability and economic mobility.
- Builds and maintains partnerships with lead service providers in the community to make referrals for the residents.
- Counsels and aids residents needing assistance in overcoming life barriers; helps them in finding and utilizing resources to aid in overcoming identified barriers.
- Builds trust, provides coaching and referrals, monitors progress, and collects data related to family goals and the effectiveness of the identified solutions.
- Prepares and maintains accurate customer personal plans, progress summaries, progress notes and other documentation as needed.
- Maintains proper records/database for each family to document and report processes and outcomes.
- Raises awareness of CrossRoads, its resources, and activities among residents of Grier Heights.
- Collaborates regularly with members of the CrossRoads team.
- Supports and represents the organization in all interactions with the community and with the general public, supporting the agency Mission and Vision.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with case management experience to continue building CrossRoads’ community health team. Applicants must have relevant case management experience. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively across stakeholder groups to achieve an ambitious set of goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or Human Services field with experience in Health and Human Services
- At least 3 years of experience working in community settings
- At least 3 years of experience with client and case management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal ability to connect and build relationship with children, students, and families, and navigate them to supports
- Ability to work, communicate, and build relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and cultures
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for community
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Flexible schedule in support of meeting with families in the evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and in balancing competing priorities while demonstrating an attention to details
- Ability to work independently, take reasoned risks, regularly innovate, focus on supporting the participants, and demonstrate positive professional judgment
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. Deadline for submission is March 19, 2021.
CrossRoads is an equal opportunity employer.
While it has been over seven months since we began experiencing the effects of this pandemic and become accustomed to the “new normal,” one element that is constant is change. Much of the work that aligns with our mission….Read More
“CrossRoads Corporation is grateful for the support from the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust, and we are excited to partner with Care Ring to focus on improving health outcomes for the residents of the Grier Heights community,” said Tiffany Capers, Executive Director of CrossRoads Corporation….Read More
Over the past few months, we have seen much change in our community and in fact, in the world. We have also seen much that remains the same, which includes our commitment to the Grier Heights community and your commitment to partner with us. Thank you for your continued support it continues to make a difference in the lives of your neighbors….Read More
Now more than ever, we are called upon to make a difference. Donate now to help us continue serving our Grier Heights neighbors.
We are grateful for you. Your generosity of time and treasure allowed us to respond to the urgency of now and the impact of the Coronavirus on the Grier Heights community. Through existing partnerships and new relationships, CrossRoads continued to support the collective vision of rejuvenation, economic stability, healthy living, and educational achievement. While much as changed in the world, our commitment to the community is constant. As we continue our work in 2020, we will share more about our neighbors, our efforts, and our impact….Read More
Due to the incredibly overwhelming outpouring of generosity, as well as the fact that CMS has fired up its feeding sites throughout the district (one of which is Billingsville Elementary), we are temporarily ceasing our food collection efforts. Between yesterday and today, we have delivered over 500 bag lunches and still have an incredible amount of food left to share. This is a good problem to have. Thank you!
To that end, if you signed up to DONATE food and have already purchased it, we are happy to accept that donation. However, if you have NOT purchased those food/items, PLEASE WAIT until we have the chance to reassess the needs of the community. We sincerely want to use your/our resources wisely.
Please check back as we will provide updates re: any new “needs” as time goes on.
Thank you again for your quick response and generous spirit.