“CrossRoads Corporation is grateful for the support from the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust, and we are excited to partner with Care Ring to focus on improving health outcomes for the residents of the Grier Heights community,” said Tiffany Capers, Executive Director of CrossRoads Corporation….Read More
Over the past few months, we have seen much change in our community and in fact, in the world. We have also seen much that remains the same, which includes our commitment to the Grier Heights community and your commitment to partner with us. Thank you for your continued support it continues to make a difference in the lives of your neighbors….Read More
Now more than ever, we are called upon to make a difference. Donate now to help us continue serving our Grier Heights neighbors.
We are grateful for you. Your generosity of time and treasure allowed us to respond to the urgency of now and the impact of the Coronavirus on the Grier Heights community. Through existing partnerships and new relationships, CrossRoads continued to support the collective vision of rejuvenation, economic stability, healthy living, and educational achievement. While much as changed in the world, our commitment to the community is constant. As we continue our work in 2020, we will share more about our neighbors, our efforts, and our impact….Read More
Due to the incredibly overwhelming outpouring of generosity, as well as the fact that CMS has fired up its feeding sites throughout the district (one of which is Billingsville Elementary), we are temporarily ceasing our food collection efforts. Between yesterday and today, we have delivered over 500 bag lunches and still have an incredible amount of food left to share. This is a good problem to have. Thank you!
To that end, if you signed up to DONATE food and have already purchased it, we are happy to accept that donation. However, if you have NOT purchased those food/items, PLEASE WAIT until we have the chance to reassess the needs of the community. We sincerely want to use your/our resources wisely.
Please check back as we will provide updates re: any new “needs” as time goes on.
Thank you again for your quick response and generous spirit.
MEALS FOR OUR GRIER HEIGHTS YOUTH DURING THE COVID-19 SCHOOL CLOSURE PERIOD
With Gov. Roy Cooper’s order that all K-12 schools to close for the next two weeks (3/16-30/20), and to ensure that our youth residents are provided with meals during that time, we are coordinating a grab-and-go free lunch & dinner initiative. We’re asking all community leaders, partners, and volunteers to assist with this need.
All donated items can be dropped off at the Grier Heights Community Center. Please sign up via the link above.
CROSSROADS CORPORATION DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
POSITION TITLE: Development Director
STATUS: either Part or Full-time/Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Mission: Founded in 2008, CrossRoads Corporation is a nonprofit organization in partnership with the residents of the Grier Heights neighborhood in Charlotte and numerous other stakeholders of Grier Heights in the revitalization of the neighborhood. Our collective vision is that Grier Heights will be significantly transformed and the quality of life dramatically improved, with a constant focus on justice to its residents throughout the process. CrossRoads operates with two core principles: 1) Do WITH and not FOR our Grier Heights neighbors, and 2) Act as a catalyst to positively impact social and economic mobility in Grier Heights.
CrossRoads is organized around a unique holistic approach to community development and neighborhood preservation. Through our programs and partnerships, we focus each day on addressing a wide range of critical needs that exist in Grier Heights.
The Development Director is responsible for the leadership, planning, implementation and execution of fundraising which contributes to the operational revenue mix that supports CrossRoads and its mission. Because CrossRoads leverages its small staff through partnerships with the community, stakeholders and other nonprofits, flexibility in regard to job responsibilities is key for all team members.
- Passion for CrossRoads’ mission in Grier Heights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable and energetic in public roles
- Confident, proactive professional with exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to nurture existing relationships with donors, volunteers, and other stakeholders
- Ability to identify and initiate relationships with new and diverse funding sources/partners
- Strong management skills with the ability to multi-task concurrent projects
- Relevant professional experience; including nonprofit management, fundraising, community relations/marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Familiarity with and proficiency in utilizing fundraising data software desired
- Conscientious attention to detail required
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, create and oversee the implementation of a development plan to meet the annual financial needs of CrossRoads
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Program Staff, develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy
- Serve as media and marketing coordinator to produce press releases and other printed materials. Assist in social media content and website management to promote fund development efforts and build overall awareness of CrossRoads
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts for key donors and prospects (including individuals, corporations, foundations, government funders, the faith community, and civic groups)
- Implement all aspects of the grant and donor solicitation and management process, including grant writing and reporting, accurate and prompt gift processing, and gift acknowledgement
- Maintain effective development systems and record-keeping procedures to track current and prospective donors and accurately report all fundraising income
- Coordinate and participate in advocacy/civic engagement efforts on behalf of the organization as directed by the Executive Director
- Plan, prepare and implement an annual campaign
Please send your resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is May 31, 2019.
CrossRoads is an equal opportunity employer.